Kinetic watches gets power when the wrist is in motion, the motion turns the timepiece to work. A kinetic watch was first introduced in 1986 by Seiko watches. This watch converts the kinetic energy to electrical energy. These types of watches should be cleaned in every 5 to 10 years so as to avoid malfunctioning and dirt accumulation.
The stages to dismantle and clean a Seiko watch include:
Dismantling the Seiko Watch
1. Initially, with the help of a watch screwdriver, remove all the screws that connect the watch to the wristband. After removing the wristband, keep it aside.
2. Now, turn down the face of your watch, at the back of the dial you'll find a metal plate. Remove the metal plate by holding the wall of the plate and rotating it counter-clockwise. After removing the back plate, keep it aside.
3. Remove the O-ring or gasket with the help of tweezers; these tweezers also helps to rotate any of the fine machinery that needs to release the gasket. Now you can place the gasket with the metal plate.
4. Detach the screw pin from the side of the Seiko watch. With the help of the tweezers, hold the Watch in place and pull out the pins from the wall of the watch with the help of your fingers. Now, place the pin with other materials at a secure place.
5. With the help of the tweezers, slowly take out all the fine machinery of the Seiko Watch.
6. Set rest of the interiors of the timepiece on glass face plate/dial-plate. One should be very careful while hindering the moving parts, since the timing mechanism might be working. Keep aside the face/dial-plate along with the other interior materials.
7. The last step is to take out the hour hand and minute hand from the front of the timepiece with the help of tweezers.
Cleaning a Seiko Watch
1. Put breitling bentley filtered water in ultrasonic cleaner, place the internal parts of the watch inside the ultrasonic cleaner. To avoid damage while cleaning, only few parts should be placed at a time.
2. Start the cleaning cycle of the ultrasonic cycle. Take out the cleaned parts of Seiko watches from the ultrasonic cleaner.
3. Immerse all the parts of Seiko watches in a container filled with cleaning naphtha for a minute, cleaning naphtha cleans any left out grease or oil stains from the watch components. For more greasy parts, repeat the soak for half a minute in cleaning naphtha and scrub the components with a soft brush if required.
4. Place all the cleaned parts on a white sheet of paper as soon as you take it www.alasto.com out from the cleaning naphtha. Keep all the parts separately so that all parts are dried properly.
5. Allow all parts to dry properly; it should be left to dry for at least 3 hours.
Keeping Your Gucci Watches Running